Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Unable to communicate with Tire Pressure...
Unable to communicate with Tire Pressure Monitor System on a 2012 Subaru Impreza

3139 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2014-04-24 19:24:13

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    eichmotor
    2014-04-18 08:31:53
     Recently purchased the Maxisys 908.  Liking most of the functions.  Looking to see if there are any known issues with talking to the Tire Pressure Monitor System.  I had to replace a pressure sensor and was under the impression that I should be able to adapt the sensor with this new tool and not have to bring it to a Subaru dealer.  Thanks for the help.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-04-18 11:25:56 (Reply to:eichmotor)

ok something is not right here how did you know which sensor to replace if you are not communicating with the module can you explain more

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    eichmotor
    2014-04-24 12:13:02 (Reply to:ede65)
     They sensor that was replaced broke when replacing the tires.  Installed a new sensor and I was unable to communicate with the system.  To be fair, I did not try and communicate with the TPMS system prior to the new sensor, only afterward.  Thanks.

•   Level 4   
    (103) points
    Gbones

2014-04-24 19:09:56 (Reply to:eichmotor)

If you do a full scan dose any tpms codes come up if so go into tpms that way instead of going into controle unit or go into cntrole unit a nd select the BCM instead of selecting the tire pressure monitor system there should be a code you can find the tpms that way or try to find the Live data should show the three sensors that are working should show the pressure? But you have to drive the car over 30 mph for the sensors to show the pressure then you can select the sensor that is not working and do a sensor relearn procedure select ID registration and hot start. If new sensor you have to have a tpms scan tool like the ts401. The ts401 will wake up the sensor ant transmit the sensors info to the bcm and the 908 will reconize the sensor and the tire light will go out. Start with the lf rf rr the lr all sensors will be programmed to the bcm. Sometimes the sensors have to be defeated all the way to wake them up and some of them need a magnet near sensor to activate. 

•   Level 4   
    (103) points
    Gbones

2014-04-24 19:24:13 (Reply to:Gbones)

Also just a tip I learner when doing tire changes always pop the bead off away from the valve stem and make sure tire dose not have a band style sensor if so extra care needs to be taken when breaking the bead and damaging the sensor but any way the most common sensor is the valve stem style in this case  take the tire off the rim at the valve stem and it will not damage the sensor. When installing position the sensor at ten o'clock spin the rear half  of tire on then reset the sensor back to ten o'clock and set the rest of the tire. Doing it this way the sensor will not be damaged when the tire gets to the tight spot it will not put pressure on the sensor. In my early days I broke a bunch of sensors doing it the wrong way until one day my tire buddy gave me a this tip. Just passing it on.
  Total1 Pages